Are rolling budgets out?

hi,

This is my first month on Emma and I setup my budgets with Monthly and in the tagline it says a budget that rolls over monthly.

Does that mean rolling budgets are in the app? The Emma pro in-app feature overview and an email from last month say it’s coming soon but I saw another post on here that suggested they may have been released in August.

I’m mostly just curious if I should expect budget left in any of my categories to roll over to next month.

Thanks!

We haven’t released them yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. If there is an experiment / gatekeeper flag, I would be happy to be added. :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome! We’ll let everyone know on here if we need any testers :grinning:

3 Likes

I second that! I’d love to be a tester for that as well!

1 Like

Thank you, we are definitely going to test this feature with all our users. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@edoardomoreni - any update on when rolling budgets might be released? Or did the feature get deprioritized?

1 Like

A bit. It’s ready, we just need to find the time to test it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When will this feature be released? I only stayed with this app because it seemed it would be released soon.

Hey @JoniP :wave:

Really sorry - there were a couple of other big features we needed to work on first so the release was delayed. It’s now one of our top priorities, so will hopefully be out soon! :pray:

It’s there today (Mar 31, 2021) as of the latest update I just received.

what! Just updated the app as well and saw the little upsell card for it. I feel like a push notification should have been used to tell everyone about rolling budgets being out - it’s been a long time in the making.

Thank you @emmateam!

1 Like

Yes, we did send a push yesterday. :smiley: :smiley:

:man_facepalming: how did I miss that push?!? Excited to use it.

Will y’all be doing a blog post on how it works? I just enabled it yesterday (3/31) but it looks looks like my budget available for April is the same total budget value (all budgeted amounts) and doesn’t show a higher value due from roll over / accrued budget (from March).

Yes yes yes.

We have added a FAQ here: Rolling Budgets | Emma App

:pray:

Hey everyone,

Closing this thread now so all rolling budget chat can continue on the link below! :rocket: