Category feature

I’m a new user to Emma and as a start I was marking all purchases for the prev month with different categories. And for now I can do it only with selecting each purchase and marking it with category inside. But imagine that I had a vacation and all 20+purchases can be marked as holiday category. So maybe it’s better UX to

1. Select category and mark all purchases to link it
  2. Be able to say that for this day all categories goes into one category

Hey @Lev,

if you tap see all transactions, there is an editing button top right corner (this is a premium feature) that allows bulk edits. :slight_smile:

It would be great for this to be present elsewhere - when searching for example. Basically every single transaction list view.

1 Like

Can you please share screenshot with this? I have premium and can’t find this button

There you go

Thanks!For me It makes sense to add the same button to analytics window, because most of the time you change categories there

2 Likes

Agreed - often I am looking through analytics at categories and then changing from there. Being able to bulk edit from every view where there is transactions would be really helpful.

Another +1 for bulk category / tag editing on other (ideally all) transaction lists.

It’s usually when I’m reviewing the transactions for a category that I see incorrectly categorised transactions and want to recategorise them.

This exists - it’s called advanced category editing and it’s at the top of the transactions list. :slight_smile:

Bulk editing is only available on the main “Transactions” list.

As mentioned here…

…the request is to have the same bulk editing available on the other transaction lists, including:

• Category list
  • Search results
2 Likes

+1 to have bulk edit on * Search results. It’s very limited usefulness when you have to trawl through the whole history of transactions.

1 Like

Probably shouldn’t be on here so sorry, but I love being able to add my own new categories but have two frustrations:
1 They are held apart from the original categories
2 You can’t edit the name or delete the original ones if you don’t want to use them.

1 Like

I think we are going to make some improvements in the medium short term so that everyone can manage their own categories however they like.