Advanced Transactions Editing

Hey folks,

It would be great to have some feedback! I know lots of people have been wanting for this feature for ages. :wink:

1 Like

Honestly hadn’t noticed the pencil icon under See All transactions in the feed. Love the feature after testing it out for a bit. Can’t say how many times I’ve been wanting to bulk edit transactions and swore over having to go back and forth on individual entries… VERY much appreciated addition!

Can I just suggest you also consider adding it from the Analytics section? Most of the time that I want to edit transactions is when I see an amount of a category being unusually high/low and I click into the category to investigate. If I want bulk edit several transactions, I would now need to go back to the feed, and then find those individual transactions (which may have taken place maybe a week apart, and could be hard to find).

Again, great feature and I love that it’s been implemented! Also like the new Net Worth line :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Do you mean after you click on a category?

Exactly right :blush:

Good idea!

Or a way to edit multiple transactions from search? You could search for a category and then edit them all there?

1 Like

This would also be great.

I have loads of transactions with Tesco Bank that start with “Card payment…”, so bulk search and replace would be nice too :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll put the idea to the team :crossed_fingers:

@edoardomoreni is there anyway you could implement a way you could edit icons in bulk, as well as the transaction, I know it probably doesn’t sound like a priority, but would save my soul not having to do it one by one :slight_smile:

It’s definitely something we can look into!

Would you say a lot of your transactions don’t have an icon already?

Either that or the icons are incorrect, being able to select multiple transactions of the same merchant and updating the icon via a twitter handle in bulk would be a welcome addition. :slight_smile:

If it’s the same merchant, it already does that automatically. No need to multiple select :smiley:

Sorry @antonio, unfortunately it’s not :tired_face: Joel’s trying to sort it out for me :v: The problem is that it struggles to tell the difference between a subscription and an in app subscription as an example, my subscription with Emma is through google play store and it doesn’t pick it up, therefor making my analytics inaccurate, I’m sure it’ll get sorted though :slight_smile: Joel’s done a brilliant job so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any progress/plans to make this feature more useable please.

Two ways that I think would dramatically improve value hopefully without much dev effort: (1) being able to bulk edit starting from search results rather than the full account list, and (2) being able to bulk edit not just the category but also titles, tags and notes.

Case in point. RBS/NatWest rewards account monthly fee is named “ddMMM A/C accountnumber”. This escapes Emma’s autotagging filter, so I manually have to rename and retag the transaction each month, and I have a long backlog. It would have been much easier if I could search for e.g. “accountnumber” then bulk edit the filtered list, and rename and retag there.

The above also applies to transfers (“payments”) between my different accounts, where the default raw titles are much too messy.

3 Likes

Heyy @lucianf

We really like both of these ideas, and I’m sure we will make these changes at some point, but I don’t think this is something the team is working on as a priority atm!

Hi @rebekah, I understand this wasn’t a priority a year ago - and so much as been done since then! - but I’m hopeful that advanced editing could be extended to once you’ve completed a search and this could get onto the roadmap please?!
Advanced editing is great however without a filter/search mechanism to target the set of transactions you wish to edit and have select all function, the benefit of editing in bulk is somewhat lost :cry:

1 Like

Also hoping this will come soon. Any chance it’ll be part of the 3.0 design remake?

Definitely on the want list! There’s many transactions with a keyword Old like to search for then bulk edit the tag!

Hi @rebekah
Any update please on my request for bulk editing based on search/filter results?
I am currently trying for the umpteenth time to “rekindle” my relationship with Emma and part of that exercise is revamping my custom categories, tags etc to better align with how I budget currently. I’ve tried this revamp exercise several times over the last year but each time I get stuck on this same issue - no bulk editing by filtered results. Even the ability to press and hold down on the transaction to enable multiple, manual selection (a la gmail on mobile) would be a step in the easier direction.
Pretty please?!
Stacey

The next app update will have bulk tags editing.

I still can’t see an easy way to bulk edit tags from search? This would be really helpful for tagging older transactions, or those that are spread out.