About the Feedback & Ideas category

Hi
Is it possible to add a payments end date for re-occurring payments. Without this a yearly budget is not achievable.
Also, a cash flow forecast for defined periods.
With both of these features one can configure budget adjustments based on cash flow.
Please can you let me know if the likelihood of this being implemented in the near future?

1 Like

Thank you for these suggestions, we will share them with the product teams and update you. :blush:

I have a few categories set up that have budgets of Ā£0 assigned to them - e.g Cash.This is because I shouldnā€™t really spend in these categories, or donā€™t expect to. But every now and then for whatever reason I might.

This can lead to overspend, however because the budget is set to Ā£0 these categories do not show in the budget view. Even though I have taken out Cash, when viewing Budgets Cash is nowhere to be seen.

I think itā€™s important for it to show all spend in the budget view so itā€™s easy to identify where the overspend is. Otherwise, itā€™s very difficult to track down.

Does this make sense?

@jamesb Thanks for the feedback! Weā€™ll make sure we let the product teams know.:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi

Just wondering if we can have a trend line on analytics page reflecting on the spending comparison between different months?

Also, can we pay subscription fee on monthly basis instead of paying for whole year?

Thx

@Jason.Zhang Thank you for your suggestions. We will share them with the product teams. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I always use a spreadsheet to budgetā€¦ Before finding Emma I would have a budget tab, a bills tab a debt tab etc. Now I only really have to keep an eye on the budget tab since having Emma. I have the pro version. Itā€™s fab.

I current pay Ā£210 per month into an account. This covers so much for car MOT, so much for car service, Ā£200 per persons birthday, so much per Christmas, clothing and hair cutsā€¦ Etc. These are budgets over the year that Iā€™d like to stick to so I donā€™t over spend.

Iā€™d really like to track a clothing budget over a year as a rolling budget to make sure Iā€™m not over spending our budget in this area etc.

Is there any way this could be added?

Also, I have lots of different loans. We are working really hard to minimise our debts. Iā€™ve added all my loan accounts into the ā€œoffline accountsā€ area. It would be amazing if when I pay Ā£240 each month for my car, for example, I could set this up and see it automatically apply the monthly transactions to that loan so I have an area I can easily see how much is left to pay for each loan or debt. I think this could be extremely motivating for me and rewarding. Also, give an over view of our debt and how much we have left to pay.

Also. Loving this app so far. Itā€™s so good for my brain. I love the reminders and the notifications. Itā€™s really helping me. So thank you so much!

1 Like

@Amberinie Thank you for giving us your feedback. We value all of your comments. :blush:
Weā€™ll make sure we let the product teams know. :tada:

I would link to see a link between Emma App and Paypal. Currently, all payments appear just as PayPal icon, which is not suitable for many merchants to use PayPal, and it becomes more challenging to track my money flow.

1 Like

@jychttrjee Thank you for your suggestions. We will share them with the product teams. :slightly_smiling_face:

i was going to try and add to this Accounts section: account grouping and sort order but this thread seem to have got very busy and covers a multitude of topics

I am getting confused with not being able to change the default sort order for accounts from what appears to be balance order. I admit i have far too many accounts, but most of these are reasonable static except when money for my primary account. this can fluctuate between payday amounts and overdrawn so sometime is either at the top of my list or the bottom or some where in between. ideally id like to chose how i can order them manually, or at the very least to mark one account which would stay at the top of the list.

3 Likes

Same problem for me. And, ironically, I want my main accounts more visible at the top when the balances are low/overdrawn!

An option to pin favourites to the top would solve this for me

@Mccaffm Thank you for these suggestions, we will share them with the product teams and update you. :blush:

I primarily look at the net worth view rather than the accounts tab, and there I think the accounts are sorted by the order they were added to Emma. Weird that the two arenā€™t consistent, and I think for both an option to reorder or choose the sorting method would be good.

1 Like

@marynakhapitska you merged my post hereā€¦
itā€™s not a feature request or idea - itā€™s a more a question of ā€œShouldnā€™t it already behave line this?ā€. Feels more like a bug to me.

Please can tags be displayed (or at least the first couple of tags) under a transaction, when there are no notes to display. Seems a waste of space otherwise and some useful data not being shown.
Thanks

Hey, I was excited to hear about spaces so my partner and I could add our joint accounts in there but when I saw how much you were planning on charging for them I couldnā€™t quite believe it. Iā€™m currently a free user and Iā€™m just using it for analytics at the moment but I would like to use it for budgeting (lack of annual budgets is something Iā€™d really need before I could do this properly) and joint accounts. I absolutely would be happy to pay a few quid a month for these features but Ā£14.99 seems crazy for a casual user who just wants to track their finances. Likewise, the lower tiers have loads of features I absolutely donā€™t need so Iā€™m wonderingā€¦ Why canā€™t we pay per feature rather than for tiers with arbitrary selections of features? Youā€™d be getting some money from me that youā€™re not getting now (and wonā€™t if it means paying 15 quid a month) and Iā€™m sure there must be other people in the same boat.

It seems like people use this app in so many different ways and have so many different priorities so why not have a payment model that reflects this?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread] Emma Invest :uk: