Yolt Pay (and payment initiation services in general)

It doesn’t change much for us and Monzo still accounts for very few Emma users.

Payments is something we are interested in, but have chosen to prioritise a few more things, like Rolling Budgets. :wink:

2 Likes

I have to say, Emma is really a better bet for these features as then you have them for all your accounts (even though Monzo has open banking integrations, they don’t cover nearly as many accounts as Emma).

Full disclosure: I don’t have Emma Pro (yet?!) but I would be more willing to pay for something like this from a third party provider than a bank, I think.

Who actually thinks payment initiation via open banking is useful?

I was originally enthusiastic about it but I’ve gone off it for the reason outlined in my initial post in this thread - the need to divert to the app or website of the bank for authentication every single time you make a payment.

• I think its useful
  • I don’t think its useful
  • I’m not sure

0 voters

I can’t decide whether I think it would be useful or not :thinking:

I guess if it meant I could delete some of my other clunkier banking apps (and save some space on my phone) then I’d see a benefit in it!

1 Like

Oh I’d definitely see it as useful in that case

But I think the way it currently works is you would have to keep the bank apps on your phone if you want an easy way to authenticate payments even when the payments are initiated from the 3rd party aggregator / money management app.

1 Like

Ahh I get you - tricky one!

I probably wouldn’t mind that if it was fairly quick? You know like when you make an online shopping payment and it takes you to a verification screen for a few seconds, but you don’t actually leave the site you’re on?

1 Like

Any progress in this? I actually use it a lot on Yolt.

Hey @diegor :wave:

We’re currently working on a couple of other big features, but do like the possibility of being able to do this - maybe in the New Year :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes