Some transaction list filter and navigation suggestions

I recently had a need to look for some transactions I had made several years ago. I couldn’t remember exactly what the transactions were called so search wasn’t particularly useful for this. However, I knew they were deposit type transactions (although not necessarily categorised as income) and I knew they happened around 4 years ago.

It took ages to scroll back through all my transactions. This was partly because it was several years ago and partly because I had to scroll through spend transactions which were of no interest to me in this particular search.

With this in mind I make two suggestions:

1. Please provide an option to jump to a specific date or perhaps provide an accelerated scroll feature. For example in Google Photos app I can grab hold of a handle on the right side of the screen to rapidly get to a particular month. A similar feature would be helpful in Emma.

2. Please provide an option to filter transactions by type (e.g. deposit, spend, transfer) independently of how they have been categorised.

2 Likes

Amazing suggestion! Thanks, I will let the team know.

1 Like

great suggestion, and this is particularly important for seeing what the current position for “interest income”, within a tax year, now that interest rates have risen, so that tax on savings can be planned for, and savings balances moved to ISA accounts etc.

1 Like

We already have a design to search by exact date or range of dates. We haven’t had the chance to implement it yet. This is similar to the filter we have in Analytics. :wink:

1 Like