Published Emma Roadmap

This is incredible - so much detail!

1 Like

Itā€™s official - weā€™re going to release an 18-month public roadmap!

Keep your eyes peeled over the next few weeks for more info and expect tonnes of updates about new features and ideas we have for Emma!

Sneak peek :eyes::point_down::soon:

4 Likes

This is great news @edoardomoreni & @rebekah :raised_hands:

1 Like

Can you guess what else we have planned for the next 6-9 months based on these emojis? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We went for Notion, which we use internally. :raised_hands:

We should be good to go in the next few days.

There you go: LINK .

Weā€™ll share this live tomorrow, but since you askedā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

For investments, ISAs, SIPP and so on, are you planning on getting a licence or acting as intermediary?

1 Like

For investments, we are going to use AR and then get a license after the first 12 months.

In order to provide ISA, we can apply directly. For SIPP, we can use an intermediary.

There are definitely various options and they all work the same, itā€™s just a matter of how fast we can to release a product.

So now we know there will be Emma (free), Emma Plus, Emma Pro, and Emma Ultimate is there any indication as to what will be included in each tier?

(Unless Iā€™ve read the roadmap incorrectly).

1 Like

Yes, of course.

Emma Plus will bring true balance, bill reminders and fraud detection. These features will apply to Pro and Ultimate. The last plan will include business accounts and spaces.

We are currently working to add Transfers between accounts (with limits cause we pay them) in the three tiers and a few other features down the line. :wink:

For any other product, like Crypto - weā€™ll be able to offer lower fees to people who subscribe.

1 Like

The roadmap looks very ambitious!

As a user who was attracted to Emma for money management and budgeting it does worry me that the expansion to other areas will take attention away from refinement of features that serve the original role of the app.

I was already having this concern with Smart Rules. It was introduced a while ago, but hasnā€™t been refined to work properly with Monzo & Starling accounts.

2 Likes

New features will be required to show investors other revenue opportunities so Iā€™m happy to see them.

My preference however is a focus on capturing even more of the market by integrating with more APIs for banks or working with them on this (no matter how small) rather than it being on the very long term roadmap.

The business I work in is focused on addressing as much of the market as possible, even if we do not make a return on API connectivity for a year or two. But I appreciate all companies are different.

3 Likes

We will work on both.

Our team is currently divided in three main squads: growth, wealth, accounts.

Itā€™s in the roadmap! :smiley:

To be honest with you, we are capturing 95% or more, so having more banks wonā€™t have any direct impact on the metrics or future growth. We have seen this in the past 3 years.

For us, itā€™s more the value we provide. Account aggregation, budgeting, subscription management are all great features, but we canā€™t expect to have everyone to love them, so moving into payments, investing, savings accounts, credit score will allow us to get more people to use the product.

1 Like

This is why I feel a bit conflicted by the crowdfunding!

I am potentially interested in investing but can see it (and wider investment push in general) requires Emma to be more ambitious in scope and scale. In many ways I would have preferred it if they had settled on building a company with smaller ambition that stayed entirely focussed on the original scope of the app.

Is that part of ā€œSmart Rules Extendedā€ (6-9 months)?

1 Like

We are VC funded, which means that this word canā€™t be used. ahaha :wink:

Hopefully the raise will also fund team expansion and, if anything, increase the paceā€¦

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes.

We are looking to hire a lot of people to double the product team. :wink:

3 Likes

This is great news!

1 Like

Which new features are you most looking forward to? Are there any you really werenā€™t expecting to see?