Personal feedback after a few weeks šŸ™‚

I completely agree with you regarding the other tabs (Save, Invest, and now, Borrow). I paid a premium for Emma because I was impressed with how they dealt with the Chase integration, but Iā€™m now questioning whether it was worthwhile, because it seems they are using the app as a way to ā€œsellā€ me stuff, and make money as a middleman. All these other services should, IMO, be buried under a tab called ā€œOther Servicesā€, and the bottom nav be given over to what most of us actually want to do: manage our budget. Thereā€™s a lot of clutter on the main dashboard, and having dedicated tabs for Budget, Transactions, and Net Worth, would be far better. I also donā€™t like that you can never fully ā€œcomplete setupā€ until youā€™ve activated all the additional products Emma offers. I donā€™t want these, and Iā€™m never going to use them, so please allow me to ā€œignoreā€ and complete setup. Currently, this just adds to the clutter on the homescreen. Iā€™d be fine with the 3rd party offers (I include Emmaā€™s 1st party offers in this) on a free plan, but when I pay for a product, I donā€™t expect to see ads, which is effectively what the Invest, Save, and Borrow tabs are. @edoardomoreni sorry if this seems negative - Iā€™ve tried to be constructive, but admit I was a little triggered by the email about the new ā€œBorrowā€ tab appearing in the app. I strongly suspect the majority of Emma users feel the same way.

2 Likes

You can hide ā€œcomplete setupā€ via the organise button at the bottom of the home feed.

Thanks @o99 - thatā€™s really useful. Not sure how I missed that.

95% of our money comes from the subscription and we donā€™t plan to make any more money from subscribers. The products you see in the other tabs are all sliced per subscription plan.

In the case of Emma Ultimate, we make zero money from Invest and Save.

As @o99 mentioned, we added the ā€œOrganise my feedā€ to organise the feed as much as you like it.

In terms of todayā€™s update, we havenā€™t added anything new.

Both features were already in the app and to make things cleaner / simple, we have moved them in a tab instead of putting them in the Feed.

This benefits more Free users who canā€™t organise their Feed and before they had to go through Save Money and Rent Reporting - which no longer exist in the feed.

It also gives us more space to add other stuff we want to bring to Emma (Credit Score & Report).

Thatā€™s good to hear @edoardomoreni. In that case, my ask is just to have the option to customise what the tabs do. Iā€™d like a tab for Budget, at the very least. It would just be nicer than having to click in from the feed, IMO. Also, I have at least 3 or 4 other credit score apps, covering all the various agencies, so Iā€™d say itā€™s a crowded market. If you could cover all the credit reference agencies in one place, that would be a compelling reason to have credit scores in Emma, but itā€™s not a big deal for me - Iā€™d just like Emma to be really good at budgeting, and everything else is a nice to have. Thanks for taking the time to reply (and please take a break occasionally :wink: :palm_tree: )

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback :smiley: