Manual Loan - reduction over time

Hi all,

A feature which would certainly enhance the value for me would be either the ability to set regular reduction/payment or be able to link a transaction in my feed.

Has anyone found a way round this or know whether this is on the road map?

Thanks

Charlie

Hey @Charlientl,

Welcome to the Community :men_wrestling:

This is definitely something we’re considering as it’s a super popular request. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey @Charlientl - I do this manually myself currently.

For money I have leant my partner, I put this as a manual account under investments section. When I get paid some of it back into my current account, I just reduce the balance (I don’t both with transactions, it’s just easier to set a new balance).

Likewise, my parents sent me money a few months back for some silly reason and I want to pay it back to them, so I actually have this marked as a loan in Emma manually, just so I know not to account it as savings.

Inter-account transactions would be good though! :wink:

Some great use cases there, and makes sense to do this manually if it’s an artificial construct like your parents sending you money, you can break it down as you make manual payments over time!

Only debt I have (luckily) is money owed on a bank loan through Barclays, which doesn’t automatically show on the app. So if I could set my regular payment or even link to that transaction it would be a way to automate the reduction on the total.

Showing mortgages would also be a fantastic addition, but I’d likely want to separate this out from my general debt/loan as it’s long term.

1 Like

If we do develop this, I use it to help me pay off my student loan :moneybag:

Would you have a place to show your mortgage or a place to list your assets? I know some users treat their houses as investments rather than debt

Hi … The auto transactions for loans (UK users) really needs to be implemented by EMMA.
As mentioned in previous posts, the current loans section for UK users is of no use if we can’t have it auto decrease based on direct debits from current accounts / credit card etc. Please look to have this implemented soon.
Thanks

1 Like

Houses may be an investment but most people (like me) that have mortgages would consider those as loans/debts.

It’s difficult to calculate how much a linked payment would reduce the loan by if it’s a repayment mortgage, as part of a single mortgage payment would be to cover the interest, and part is the capital to pay the loan down. However, for interest only mortgages, you would have a separate capital payment or overpayment which could be identified. So, the ability to link would be great until Open Finance allows mortgage accounts to be pulled via API for an accurate figure.

A place to show assets would be great. Houses could also show the Zoopla estimate (you have our addresses already…) and you could add cars and bring in DVLA/MOT data from the car registrations, which would be very helpful for tax and MOT reminders (and lead you into car insurance comparisons…)

Just saying :wink:

I think you may overestimate what we are privy too :joy: We definitely don’t have access to your address but if we were to implement this, as you mentioned, a Zoopla integration could be really useful here. I think it would be a choice between entering you own number or getting the estimate from Zoopla.

2 Likes

We are making sure this will be done automatically.

We are building a functionality that can make you link payments to manual accounts, so the balances will go up and down accordingly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

Please please please! I will love you forever :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

You can also add logos to manual accounts via Twitter. :wink:

1 Like

When ? … still waiting for this function.
current ‘Loan’ section for Emma users in UK is not much use if we can’t link payments main via other accounts.

Hey @klsek :wave:

This feature is coming out in the next couple of weeks :raised_hands:

1 Like

been nearly 2 month now and still no update to the ‘Loan’ feature for those of us outside the US ?
When are you going to make this function actually useful and allow us to link it to payments taken out of other accounts?

Hey @klsek, we are testing this feature. Just ask live chat to activate smart rules for you.

Hi, I was just putting details of a loan I have into Emma. Is there now a way of linking it to a recurring transaction I have from a current account without having to record the payment manually? Am I missing something?

Hey @geoff80uk :wave:

Check out this feed - we’re hoping to release this feature very soon!