iPad version for everyone

We should be ready to go live next week.

3 Likes

IMG_2700

2 Likes

You should see this in the next few hours

Downloading

I like the new bubbles for recent transactions (per day)

1 Like

In iPad.

The recent transactions protrude a little on the Home Screen.

Macbook is now available too - we made a mistake, sorted. :wink:

1 Like

Installed the Mac app. Nice to have Emma app on Mac. Is this a brand new app or have you had Mac app for awhile - just asking as its version 5.4.1.

So for I think it could do with being a bit larger - the actual text, icons etc in it. Or certainly option to increase. Assume there are many plans for it but right now not sure it totally works as basically what you would see on iPhone but a bit larger display.

1 Like

This is the app designed for iPad made available on Mac. We never had it.

Ah right. I misunderstood. I thought you now had an iPad app and a (separate) Mac app

1 Like

Looking at the notification, it made it sound like it was a brand new app for the iPad. And also a brand new separate app for Mac.
IMG_8363

1 Like

Yes, you are right.

We have built an iPad app and made it available on MacBook. :slight_smile:

Design is consistent and will be the same for the web.

@edoardomoreni I came here to ask for the same thing. TBH the app on Mac was a bit of a disappointment. The font is very small, so it’s not really comfortable to use in practice.

I think you’re just making the iPad app available directly in the Mac App Store, but if I remember correctly, Apple offers an SDK to port iPad Apps to Native Mac Apps, which run much better and allow you to provide Mac features in the future (see here).

I know you don’t want to increase the maintenance overhead by having another app, but it seems like just exporting the iPad app using Catalyst would be a big improvement already.

Is there a chance you can do that?

This is correct.

At this stage, it works better in this way. We might update it later on, but having the design consistent saves time and resources. We also don’t expect 80% of our customers using the MacBook app, so we had to make a decision.

@edoardomoreni I really appreciate the swift reply and being direct about your plans!

We might update it later on, but having the design consistent saves time and resources.

But did anyone look into the Catalyst SDK to confirm if it indeed changes the design? FWIU, it should be able to produce a Mac app without any design changes. You can change the design if you wish, but that’s not a must.

Ofc, I have zero context on iOS development these days, so take what I’m saying with a grain of salt :sweat_smile:

We also don’t expect 80% of our customers using the MacBook app, so we had to make a decision.

As much as I’m sad to read this, it all sounds very reasonable to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you planning on introducing a web app in the near future? Because then I’ll be waiting for that to start using Emma on my Mac :grimacing:

1 Like

We use React Native.

Yes, if we can make it before end of the year, that will be great.The design will be more or less the same in this case too. :sweat_smile: