Emma UI/UX improvements/glitches/suggestions

I created this topic for users to to highlight any UI/UX incongruities and to suggest improvements/ideas.

1 Like

Creating New Custom Categories (Pro}

I would like to be able to create a new Custom Category if needed) after selecting the relevant transaction and tapping the black category icon (see image)!

Screenshot_20200130-231943_Emma|416x500

Currently, after selecting the relevant transaction that requires a new custom category, it takes 5 screen taps to get from that transaction back to the Custom Category + icon. ( back, back, more, Emma Pro, Custom Category). Then once created I have to find that transaction again. Painful :slightly_frowning_face::wink:

What would be really great is a company sponsored list of enhancements with their priority listed so we as the customers can comment and vote. My feeling is that the company will respond to suggestions on this thread as “that is a great idea” and you will hear nothing further so a complete waste of time. You have only to read the threads to realise that they all go no where and have no conclusion

1 Like

@Wmeads001 I disagree. There have been new features implemented based upon user feedback.

I created this particular topic for UI/UX improvements based upon existing features (and posted an example) because I was advised to by Emma via Twitter (see screenshot)

As to whether or not any customer suggestions are followed up by the Emma team - that’s up to Emma.
If I become unsatisfied with the service I’ll simply cancel my subscription and go elsewhere (as should you or anyone not happy with the service).

However, I understand it’s early days for Emma and am in no rush for my - or anyone else’s - suggestions to be implemented. Happy to see where Emma is going for the time being. Besides… it’s a great app/service already and only needs tweaking in certain areas :wink:

1 Like

Just changing category also takes a crazy number of taps

Not really. Simply find the transaction you want to change category for and tap the black category icon.
Select new category and confirm.

I made a by-bank grouping suggestion for accounts section UI/UX in the thread below. It’s my second most wanted enhancement to Emma.

2 Likes

That means the following taps…

Transaction
Category button
Select category
Wait for Emma to find similar transactions
Select all (if applicable)
Apply
“Perfect, let’s go back”
Back button to return to feed

Once you tap apply, it should just take you straight back to the feed, IMO

Also, I think you should be able to tap on the category icon in the feed and change the category there, rather than go through another couple of screens…

@Gaoler The only change that could be made is to return to the feed. The rest of the taps are necessary and impossible to reduce if you think about what you’re actually doing. See my notes to your list of taps…

That means the following taps…

Transaction
(Tap needed to select required transaction)
Category button
(Necessary tap to change category)
Select category
(Necessary tap to select required category)
Wait for Emma to find similar transactions
(Processing takes time)
Select all (if applicable)
(Fantastic option I’m sure you’ll agree is worth a tap?)
Apply
(Obviously necessary to tap to apply changes)
“Perfect, let’s go back”
Back button to return to feed
(This is the only potentially unnecessary tap. Once tapped to apply changes then Emma could simply return us to feed)

Can we please get an option to use twitter handle icons to add to manually created accounts?

It would make the experience much slicker if, for example, I could see the Skipton logo as opposed to the generic stock ÂŁ symbol.

2 Likes

@edoardomoreni

Can you add Saturdays and Sundays to the Payday to Payday option when setting up ones Payday Period in the budgeting period section please?
I get paid weekly on a Saturday usually (sometimes a Sunday) and, although you have this option…

… it doesn’t really work as expected.

If you use a Manual Account, and then add a transaction, the Calendar where you can select the date of the transaction isnt great on an Android device - ive used a OnePlus 7 and a Samsung Tab 7 with the same UI issue.
Fundamentally, it shows the first digit of the date of the month.

Editing a prediction of a subscription gives you black text on the iOS app. This is weird because everywhere elses uses white text.

This could be a single tap on the category icon in the feed.

There could be two buttons - Apply to all, Apply to this transaction only - requiring just one tap (still allowing you to select transactions, if necessary)

Tapping apply should just take you back to the feed

So this could be reduced to:

Tap 1 - category icon in feed
Tap 2 - select new category
Wait for Emma to do magic
Tap 3 - apply new category to one or all
Return to transaction feed

1 Like

You know we do have a designer position open? :thinking:

1 Like

So basically you’ve gone from 4 taps (you discounted first tap to select the transaction you desire the category change to apply to) to 3 taps by including
“two buttons - Apply to all, Apply to this transaction only - requiring just one tap (still allowing you to select transactions, if necessary)”

An app design change to eliminate one tap?

Personally I’d rather the second item in this thread be implemented as that would save many unnecessary taps.

I can design… just not program the design lol.

Show initial balance for accounts.

I have a loan I wanted to check how much it was that I owed at the beginning but could not without calculating myself or login into the provider.

I think it could be useful for all account types, no just loans.

1 Like

This is a tough one, but super useful. :slight_smile: We get 12 months for most of the accounts.

How do you turn off the savings checklist?

4 Likes