[Feedback Thread] Emma Invest 🇬🇧

Is it possible to confirm your order execution policy, and also how the shares are held, are these within an Emma Nominee Account?

You should have got this when opening an account. :slight_smile:

Link here: https://emma-app.com/order-execution-policy

No, we actually open an account under your name at our partner broker (Alpaca).

Hey,

Love the app and really enjoying the new invest section.

All the important info is available and I really like the custom list feature. After adding a record to a list, would it be hard to add a notes section to each record?

As I’m new to investing, it would be really handy if I could make some personal notes on each record.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi

I just signed up the the Invest thing. I have added money - just a small amount - as a test. Should the money I have invested, and its current price, appear in the Investment tab/section? By this I mean on the home page and below Everyday and Savings and above Net Worth.

Or is that for something else and only if you invested through something like Nutmeg or Coinbase?

Hey @asy1mpo,

as of today, it won’t show in the Overview (top part of the Feed). :slight_smile:

We still have to build it.

1 Like

How to understand how the line graph on Invest tab works? it doesn’t make sense to me, the most right position on the line does not represent the most updated value making the whole shape of the graph completely wrong and useless. sorry if this is just me being stupid, then please explain how to read the shape of the most updated value if it is not on the graph. thanks

Hey @Vadym, the graph indicates the portfolio change over time (it’s not the total value).

Hi All

Looking at the Investing area of the app, i only ever see USD stocks - is there an option to get UK / FTSE / AIM stocks?

Hey Edoardo, my point is the graph does not have the current value of the portfolio as the rightmost point on the line. For example, you can see in the picture I attached that for the last few hours the graph shows that my portfolio grew, but in reality, it dropped from £1,020 to £1,005. And the rightmost point on the graph shows £1,012. I assume it might be because you have a delay between the current value of the portfolio and the most right point of the graph (probably because you use different back end or other APIs to calculate the current value and generate the graph). But it makes it harder to see the growth over time up to the current minute. Does it makes sense?

Here is another piece of proof of why the graph does not make sense. It shows a smaller value at the top and a bigger value at the bottom. So I am completely confused. Please see this video

The graph doesn’t follow the big number at the top, but the change (in your case the £12). We are plotting the P&L to show how you are performing over time.

Hey @OPritchard,

thanks for posting!

We have plans in the medium term, but you are right, as of today, it’s just US fractional stocks.

Sorry @edoardomoreni and thanks for explaining, but I am not sure we are on the same page, have you watched the video? how £1,012.56 can be at the bottom of the graph and £1,003.25 at the top? The line is misleading. It shows the growth when it was the opposite.

In my case, this is because I have invested more money and made a loss on it.

@edoardomoreni in your case it is fine because you made a deposit later or bought more stocks, so the amount is bigger but the trend is correct, because you made some losses, right? But in my case I didn’t buy any new stocks and the real value of my portfolio just went down because of current stock prices, but on my graph it shows that the portfolio value went up. Furthermore, it shows that the at the bottom I have a bigger value and at the top I have a smaller value, but it should be the opposite. Right?

In this case, it might be that the graph doesn’t have the data point yet. The 1D graph has 1hr interval while the big value at the top is real time.

We are going to make it more accurate with 15min or less intervals. :slight_smile:

We are adding more ways to discover stocks in the next app update. :slight_smile:

I love the new investing section of the app but can we get uk companies added on as well as I have more knowledge of uk based companies

Hey @Joshuabuk96,

thanks for the feedback. What companies would you like to have available?