Emma Ultimate is here!

Can you ping live chat?

Just started a chat now from the app I think that is what you meant

Is there any way for me to delete a Business Account I already have on Emma app? I have connected to my Starling Business account for ages - since I started using Emma. But now that I need the Ultimate plan to view/connect, if I click on it in Emma App it just shows me the features of Ultimate, details of a trial and button to Upgrade.

There is no way of me to just close or delete this Starling Business account. Or is there?

1 Like

You can delete the connection? If this has other accounts, just flag it to live chat, they can sort it from there.

I always used Emma to control my company’s American Express but the app now is pushing me to pay for the Ultimate version. This card’s balance is usually less than £10 a month (basically used for my corporate mobile bill) and now Emma wants to charge me £14.99 a month for the Ultimate version. This doesn’t make sense given that my last annual renewal for Pro was £14.99!

TBH, despite the product being good, it is a bit frustrating these huge shifts in Emma’s pricing strategy. From £41/y in the first year it came down to £14.99/y and now £14.99/m!

Luckily last time I checked before my renewal and modified the plan in Apple’s store otherwise I would still be paying £41 for something I could pay almost a third.

Hi @R.M,

thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile:

As a young company, we are experimenting with pricing to understand where we sit. For us, business accounts are worth £14.99/mo, considering that any other tool in the industry charges £30/mo.

Just opened the Emma app after 1 month, and having only recently upgraded to Pro, now only to find out I can’t access my Starling business account, for which there is negligible activity…

Like yourself, Emma will be losing a Pro customer as will be looking for a refund and revert to free or use something else now.

I don’t like the features come features go approach and think Emma could have been clearer about these changes, instead of just discovering this change in the app one day.

I think where the whole thing falls down though is the price jump. I’m interested in spaces, but it’s the only feature I would really use on Ultimate. There’s no way that single feature is enough to get me from £15 a year to £15 a month.

Business accounts are actually less of an issue, as I simply have fewer of them and they bleed into the accounting software realm anyway, so aggregation is less compelling. As other startups have discovered, you also need a Web app if you’re serious about business accounts. And data interfaces to common platforms etc. Emma is not there yet. The bigger players in accounting are already well on the way, so it’s a weird segment to go after imo. Unless the target is the sole trader, but then the price jump also doesn’t make sense.

It’s coming.

Hello @edoardomoreni,

Since you guys launched Emma Ultimate and support for Business Accounts, my BCA (Barclays Currency Account, specifically in EUR in my case) is being viewed as a business account, whereas before it was classed under ‘Savings’. As a matter of fact, it still appears under ‘Savings’, but with an ‘Upgrade’ button next to it instead of the balance.

Could you confirm it’s a bug and not something you’ve done on purpose? After all, my EUR account is not a business account.

Cheers.

Hey @vinnie,

can you message live chat? We can report this to Barclays and check with them.

We take the data directly from the bank. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I did just that eventually.

There must be something weird in that data. Before Ultimate, it was a simple saving account. Now it’s like a “business saving”.

Hey @edoardomoreni — I am not too sure how to check in with support about this issue, so I thought I’d ping you here directly. My BCA EUR account is still being seen as Business Account, as I write this. Did you guys hear anything from Barclays?

Ta.

@edoardomoreni Same as my last message above :slight_smile:

Hey @vinnie , can you send us a message on live chat, please?

I will take a look at this for you and see what the latest from Barclays is :slight_smile: