Emma Pockets/Pots šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ - 4.34% AER

Is there scope for the rate to increase?

Yes, itā€™s day one, but we can plug the product into different banks.

1 Like

Really disappointed with this - there should definitely be a warning before I give my personal details away that I wonā€™t get anywhere near that interest rate without Emma ultimate (despite already paying for plus!)

Come on Emma you can do better than that. Nothing worse than the feeling of underhand advertising techniques, especially on a banking app.

2 Likes

I have to agree, I was under the assumption that this would have been a free feature. It seems unfair to offer no interest on savings pots without a paid tier of EMMA. It may be different if the pricing wasnā€™t so high I see EMMA as a tool that is great and offers a lot but for the price of Ā£10pm it doesnā€™t offer me as much as netflix or spotify which as the same price. if EMMA was priced similar to 1password which is also a tool approx Ā£3pm I would be a paid user instantly and iā€™m sure others would too.

1 Like

Yes, so the interest is different according to the Emma Plan. Free users get it as well, but itā€™s reduced - still higher than any traditional bank.

Of course itā€™s fair to offer whatever interest rate you guys want, itā€™s a free market. What Iā€™m not a fan of as a subscriber is advertising that rate but itā€™s actually only available to people paying Ā£15/month. It really wasnā€™t clear prior to sign up that was going to be the case.

This isnā€™t really true, especially if youā€™re asking users to pay. I have Santander 2.72% with no strings, and you can get Barclays blue rewards offers 5%. First direct have a 7% regular saver too.

We can review this, thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like

2.86% easy access with Zopa

sonia. currently 3.4%

I hate the ā€œpay us x a month and unlock x rate of interestā€ model. It makes no sense. Santander isnā€™t exactly the most ethical partner either.

All in all, a feature to be ignored

2 Likes

You might have seen this already, but we are running a promotion and giving away Ā£1k for a lucky customer that deposits at least Ā£100 before the 9th of February. :slight_smile:

Why hasnā€™t Emma Saving integrated with Emma? Created a pot but theyā€™re not appearing under Save tap with my other savings accounts. Missing a trick here?!

Itā€™s coming in the next few weeks. We need to adapt the graphs so the balances are plotted. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have given this a go and must be honest that itā€™s a bit odd.

• I know you mentioned that showing savings balance is coming but itā€™s so strange to have this missing at launch! Watching my savings balance go down because Iā€™ve added money to an Emma pot is strange
  • The whole process is quite cumbersome - add money to your savings balance, wait for it to come through, then open a pot, then add it to the pot, then wait for that (it actually took a few days with my money missing somewhere in the ether in the meantime - was this because I did it at the weekend?) - and in reverse to withdraw. Unfortunately this is the least ā€˜easy accessā€™ of any savings account Iā€™ve held
  • The interest rates just arenā€™t competitive unfortunately

Iā€™ll be sticking to using Emma as an aggregator for the apps that offer a better savings product I think. On a positive note the UI is very user friendly and I like the ā€˜earned interestā€™ marker

This is coming out in the next 10 days.

We should also be able to raise rates on Monday.

As our panel of banks becomes bigger, weā€™ll be able to bring the highest rate to Emma. This, of course, excludes the fake ones that last a few months and are just marketing.

This works just like in any bank/fintech that offers interest via partners.

You put money in your main balance and transfer it to a pot. Since the money goes out to the bank, if you try to withdraw, you need to wait for a day or two, depending on the day/time.

Weā€™d love to make this realtime, but we need a bit more funding (or subscribers) to anticipate the money and make the withdrawal process instant.

Revolut does this, but they have an incentive - since the customer is likely to spend that money on their card or purchase something in the app. If you check Monzo, they make you wait.

Iā€™m with Monzo and I donā€™t have to wait to transfer money to or from the pots to the main account. Thatā€™s instant for both personal and business. Or am I missing the point of what youā€™ve said here? If you mean from a savings account, that may be true as savings accounts are offered by 3rd parties currently with higher interest and money would need to be moved from one provider to another. I treat that as a separate pot so havenā€™t had the need to transfer that to a different pot with a lower interest rate.

My understanding is that interest are paid daily, Iā€™ve opened mine for over a week but my interest has yet to be put into my interest pot?

1 Like

Hi @Banksmart, interest should show in a separate pot called ā€œEarned Interestā€. If you donā€™t see any it might be the balance is not high enough to show at least Ā£0.01 or the money has not been deposited in an easy access pot (the interest ones). If itā€™s not the case, just ping live chat, we can help from there. :slight_smile:

Hey @Nate, yes you have to wait for interest pots: https://monzo.com/help/budgeting-overdrafts-savings/withdraw-savings-pot