Emma is using Plaid to go global

@Chrisca this is long shot but if you’re in isolation with anyone else, try downloading Emma on their phone, logging into your Emma account and connecting your HSBC MT account.

Rather than being redirected to the HSBC UK app, you’ll be taken to a login page like this

Try connecting your HSBC MT accounts this way. Again, it may not work but it’s worth giving it a shot

Have tried this as I also have an HSBC Malta account but your suggestion won’t work as that’s HSBC UK website. HSBC malta is hsbc.com.mt and you can’t manually edit the redirect url.

Is there no way you can add HSBC Malta as a seperate bank to link to?

I currently have added my HSBC Malta account manually but the amount of work needed from myself to manually add some transactions is painful. I primarily use Revolut for my spending so can automate some entries through Smart Rules but that only covers transactions between HSBC Malta and Revolut.

We don’t support HSBC malta unfortunately.

We are live in UK, US and Canada.

Any future plans for adding European banks? Asking as I’m a Crowdcube investor in Emma already, so would be good to know future expansion plans are coming :blush:

1 Like

EU banks require us to take new licenses, so far we have not made any progress. The only country with well-made connections is Germany at this point.

1 Like

Understand, thanks for advising.