Curve Discussion & Feedback

I’ve stopped using curve and mainly use Tandem or Amex.

Their overseas FX is just too complex / uncertain so until they integrate with free agent then there’s no benefit for me.

They’re not advanced enough as an aggregator for that to be a plus and I’ve never used the rewards either.

The whole Amex thing is faff and the idea of preloading is only appealing for the likes of paying HMRC to get bumper rewards from a massive spend.

1 Like

I think they should start showing the cards’ balances in the app this year at some point, a bit like Monzo is doing with barclaycard x amex.

ps: I am curious to see what Tandem aggregation looks like. Fancy opening a Tandem Discussion & . Feedback topic? :smile:

1 Like

I think Starling and Monzo have got very different business models. Starling seem to be focusing more on the business side and personal customers kinda gets stuff as and when while Monzo have been the other and are now playing a bit of catchup on the business side.
I remember Monzo going through their massive development list in a very short amount of time to please the people.

1 Like

I’m using it mainly to pay my rent (using Tandem) b/c my accommdation takes only debit cards. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I love the principle of it but without amex its annoying. Apple pay is needed too.

They are so slow at adding any improvements and their twitter responses are always so impersonal copy and paste jobs.

I mainly use it to avoid fees or to make a big credit card transaction for a card I have left at home.

Regrettably I’ve withdrawn my Moderator support from the Curve forum.

I found that role untenable, given their stance on reconfiguring the benefits packages for original Black cardholders.

The model is illogical and disrespectful to loyal long-standing customers.

A shame.

1 Like

You mean because legacy Black account holders won’t get access to any new features and services?

Seems totally insane, to me, given that at least some of those should generate income for Curve

Who had access to the Black card before the subscription model?

That’s right. I’m gutted, but I could see no wriggle-room. There’s a real sense of disconnect with the cardholders.

Don’t know numbers but the £50 Black card with posh wallet was popular. The original benefits remain.

As it stands, the lesser Blue card will attract those benefits denied to Legacy Black.

That seems to be the case right across the board though, not just the legacy issues.

I mean, this sort of post is pretty common now…

1 Like

so basically you pay monthly for something that was £50 upfront?

The original Black card - now labelled Legacy Black attracted higher cash back. That plus a nice wallet cost at the time £50. Those cash-back benefits remain. But there’ll be no further extension of benefits for those who remain with that card. Effectively in a cul-de-sac.

There’s a new Black card. That will attract new benefits packages (which are yet to clarified) but will be subject to subscription.

The Blue card remains with lower cash-back but it WILL benefit from some future benefits (such as Apple Pay and Google-Pay which are currently being explored). Not a subscription service.

A two-tier service with a third (Legacy) effectively parked.

2 Likes

Such a mess… :pensive:

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining and I guess Amex is still not available. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good grief - don’t go there :scream:

I have a Curve card, but I have never used it - just wanted to check them out.

I paid the £50 for what is now the Black Legacy cars. Interestingly I had email today saying their extending my free trial of New Black and are figuring a way out to give Legacy Black customers New Black for free for life based on the feedback received.

1 Like

so people paid £50 and then told everyone they were enrolled in a subscription? This sounds confusing.

There was no subscription previously, when they came up with it they gave all legacy a free trial to try and win them over with the option to be grandfathered on the legacy scheme should they not take up the trial.

1 Like