Chase Bank UK Integration

We are looking into the from/to bug and renewal requests.

8 Likes

Is it possible to open a Chase Bank account on iOS yet?

@edoardomoreni

1 Like

Please would you be able to add me to test it - thank you!

1 Like

Yes absolutely just download the chase uk app and go ahead

1 Like

@edoardomoreni I have no idea if this is helpful feedback or not, but I tested the expiry interval on Sunday by noting the time of renewal and then waiting to see when I received the “connection expired” alert from Emma again.

I first renewed the connection authorisation at just after 4pm, and it synced fine all afternoon and evening. I then found it stopped syncing just after midnight, so it appeared to be exactly 8 hours later. 90 days in hours equates to 2160 hours, which is what the expiry interval should be, so it’s currently fine except it’s 2152 hours too short.

You’ve said that you believe that the bug is at the Emma side of the connection - but either way, from my limited insight as a user, it feels as though it’s something to do with the authorisation token not lasting as long as it should. Either a valid token is being rejected by Chase, due to a bug in their own API, or Emma somehow believes that the token has expired way before it actually has and throws an error. I’m not sure exactly why that would be.

Anyway, thanks for letting us test the connection and for being so responsive over the weekend here. It’s like the good old days of Emma when we were in beta! :slight_smile:

PS: This Chase connection expiry bug is giving me flashbacks to the Tesco Bank screen-scraping connection where you had to input a one-time passcode every time you wanted to refresh your Emma data. At least renewing Chase’s access is not as painful as that!

I meant to ask if it’s possible to open the account on Emma yet?

We had a theory yesterday this was happening on customers who were forcing more than 4 on-demand updates in 24hrs. Can this be the case?

1 Like

In any case, the from/to has been fixed by Chase. We have forwarded this renew issue and hopefully they can find a resolution today; then we should be good to go. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m not forcing many updates (maybe one or two over 24 hrs) but the connection is regularly asking to be renewed

1 Like

Hi, could I get access to Chase as a tester as well please? My emma tag is @vladgoga

Thanks!

1 Like

Im just waiting for the renewals to be fixed then hopefully hiding the excluded transactions with a toggle cause this is getting annoying fast

2 Likes

@edoardomoreni
May I have access to Chase as a tester too, please? Handle: @petemo

1 Like

We are fixing the renew issue today.

3 Likes

Definitely not for me!

I never bother to manually update and just leave Emma to sync, and even with the permission renewals I wasn’t doing it more than 4 times in 24 hours as I don’t bother to renew it straight away once it stops working most of the time.

I have no idea what it is.

2 Likes

We found the issue. This has nothing to do with the on-demand updates. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah, I thought so!

What was it, out of interest?

They have not followed the Open Banking specification, so when we call the /accounts endpoint in the next updates after granting consent, we get a 403 which in Emma equates to a renew access.

3 Likes

So basically it was a bug with Chase and not Emma!

Im getting the frequent updates… hopefully they’ll fix it soon bit not hilding my breath tbh… the question is why is this affecting some users and not everyone?

1 Like

@edoardomoreni can I get Chase tester access?

My account is @silcockadam

1 Like