Two Capital One DD's combining as one

I’m loving the Emma app so far, but found a slight issue.

I have two Cap One cards, with two separate Direct Debits taken on different days.

However, Emma assumes that they are for the same thing, which is throwing the predictions part off. See screenshot to see what I mean.

Is there any way to split these?

1 Like

I have the same with two Halifax credit card DDs.

If the references are different we can do the split.

If they are the same and the amounts are variable, it becomes a nightmare to understand/identify.

This is @VaradhK fault. ahaha

The references for mine are the long card numbers. I can see the references in Starling, but not in Emma.

Is that right?

1 Like

Mine are also the long card number, but Monzo star the the first twelve digits

1 Like

This is a bug with Starling. They trim everything and just return the name. They do this with Curve too. :frowning:

Ah, OK.

I’ll contact starling CS with this later today…

I’m with Monzo, and can see that they do pass through the reference

1 Like

I’ve had similar with Halifax; credit card repayment (£50) and mortgage protection (£42.27) get combined in to one prediction of £92.27 and then split into a fortnightly payment of £46. :confused:
Going to work round it by transferring the CC balance to my Barclaycard :wink: and hope it sorts itself out after a few months of no Hfx CC payments.

Just had this reply from Starling CS

Thanks for getting in touch recently.

This has been raised with our Product team who have spoken with Emma.

They are currently using an older version of our API which is causing the issue you’ve raised. They’ve advised they’re planning to move to an updated version of our API in the coming weeks, so hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you for brining this to our attention :raised_hands:

If you need anything else then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Yes, they have messaged us yesterday.

We are currently using an API that they are about to deprecate; so we’ll move to V2 in the next few weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes but is there a reason for this happening with Monzo?

Yes, there are ways the system can go bananas. We can check this.