[Testing] New Crypto Wallets

You are in. :smiley:

Hey folks :wave:

We just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped us test out our new crypto integrations!

This feature is now fully out for everyone to play with!

Let us know if you have any feedback or further questions :zap:

That is cool but for those who store offline in a hardware wallet these cannot be used.

To track your hardware wallet balance all you’d need is a simple way to input your current bitcoin value and have it tracked to the GBP price.

Be awesome to include that in our balances

We’ll do this as well. We already track prices, so it can be done. :slight_smile:

Can’t you just enter your address?

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this but I just added my cardano wallet and there is a bug as the app is displaying the Ada amount with the decimal place removed for example if I had 12.34 Ada, the Emma app shows this amount as 1,234 Ada.

1 Like

Hey @JoeButler!

Thanks for letting us know! Can you message our in-app support about this? :blush:

Thank you :raised_hands:

You could provide the XPub key which would then also include all the transactions linked to that bitcoin address.

Not totally sure how secure it is inputting xpub key into the digital world though.

My bitcoin investment does not change much though.

For example let’s say I had 1 bitcoin. And wasn’t currently buying more. Even though I still own one bitcoin.
Last year one bitcoin was £7k, this year it’s £41k.

So would be good to input your bitcoin amount and just connect it to Coinbase’s value of bitcoin so you can see your net worth go up and down as per the value of your crypto assets

If that makes sense

That’s awesome. Yeah just link it to Coinbase’s (biggest bitcoin exchange in UK) API for bitcoin value.

I think Ledger may have an API too (Ledger is a big player in hardware wallet market, one of the biggest of not the biggest company)

I don’t know what an XPub key is. I just put my wallet address in Emma and Emma reads the balance of the wallet. But I use a software wallet. Is there something about hardware wallets which makes this impossible?

I think it works for you because Emma has API’s with lots of different online wallets so you just input your wallet address and it works.

I don’t think so. If I know your BTC address I can read your balance from the blockchain. I think that’s all there is to it. Emma doesn’t need to know which wallet provider I use.

I think when Emma say they are supporting new wallets they probably really mean they are supporting new blockchains.

Have you tried entering your address in Emma?

1 Like

Yes, this is correct.

Tacking onto what @myEMMA mentioned it would be good to have the ability to manually add certain cypto assets as depending on the coin it might be hard to import the history. There are a lot of privacy-related coins out there so this would be a huge win!

One thing I’m finding with the Bitcoin / Litecoin import is it doesn’t seem to want to take my xpub for my HD wallet. Are these types of wallets supported currently?

That being said, this is a very welcome update! It’s nice to be able to get a more complete view of all of my assets in a single place. :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

We are going to add more and more crypto.

I know with my hardware wallet you have receiving addresses and send from addresses which change for each and every transaction for privacy reasons. I have tried the xpub address with Emma but it doesn’t work. just the ability the add my bitcoin value would be awesome though as the amount of bitcoin doesn’t change very often right now but the amount that is worth is constantly changing.

Maybe you are right but it does look like Emma have introduced integration with different crypto wallets and not direct integration the different crypto coins out there like ethereal etc.

either way though it’s good to see things moving forward with crypto.

yeah my xPub key doesn’t work either for my hardware wallet. I think it only works with the specific apps and not with any hardware wallets yet.

I’ve just read up on xpub keys. They are a feature of modern so-called HD Wallets (rather than a feature specific to hardware wallets or Ledger).

https://blog.blockonomics.co/how-to-find-your-xpub-key-with-these-8-popular-bitcoin-wallets-ce8ea665ffdc

I haven’t used such a wallet yet so I just have a single address for my wallet (the original/traditional approach I suppose).

Seems like Emma needs to add support for reading xpub keys.

Yeah I got a HD wallet last year so it’s all I know.

Be great to see compatibility

Another commitment broken