Recent Transactions (Excluded Category Visible)

1+ for this, the current format is a counter productive mess, can’t it be left on the feed if you go on the the everyday tab then the individual account or something?

1 Like

This exactly.

I have several crypto (excluded) transactions each day and it’s just a complete mess.

Honestly I would value a quick switch available easily in the all transactions view - not hidden away in settings. I would like to be able to quickly check what’s excluded and then filter them out.

1 Like

I am going to ask the team to add an option in the settings.

It’s not a biggie for the majority of users, and before there was no literal explanation why “excluded” was not there. :sweat_smile:

It’s taking us a bit of time cause we have been overwhelmed with dark mode + technical debt work.

1 Like

Are these transfers to crypto exchanges?

The excluded was firstly introduced cause our wealthsimple integration was making impossible to use All Transactions - they were returning every daily investment.

1 Like

I think adding to settings might be too hidden? I’d love a more accessible switch instead of having to dig through menus. I do see the benefit in having excluded there, but also the benefit in toggling to hide.

1 Like

We can test this, but I think it will be used by 1% of power users that know where to find it. The vast majority of Emma users have only 1 bank connected and don’t have a lot of internal transfers.

1 Like

When you hit “Exclude” and it checks for similar transactions, would it be easier adding an additional prompt to ask if you want it hidden ? Should then shorten the journey.

It would also be interesting to understand where all these excluded come from? There might be an issue with the app. :sweat_smile:

I mean I live a very simple life: get a salary, make a few transfers and then use my credit card. I think I have something like 4 excluded per month.

Mostly crypto exchanges (coin for coin).

Also excluding a transfer from one account e.g. current account to a savings account.

1 Like

The ones connected in Emma?

I favour an easy-to-access toggle on the transactions list too.

But if it goes in settings perhaps there could be a link / nudge on the page of an excluded transaction, alerting the user to the existence of the setting.

4 Likes

I have a lot of excluded because of how I envelope budget with starling goals, and transfer from one bank account to another if I pay on my CC, as soon as I pay with my CC. It’s more manual but keeps me closer to the money!

1 Like

Any update? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think a slider in recent transaction section would be perfect to switch between showing and hiding excluded easily

3 Likes

Would be great to hear an update.

2 Likes

Any update, @edoardomoreni?

1 Like

It’s in our pipeline, but the team is busy with polishing analytics/budgeting (it will be faster) and working on interest rates for pots.

Disappointing news.