NS&I Integration

I just spotted Nectar now use Open Banking so they can track your purchases and give you points automatically. I’m assume they’re using my data to sell which is how they make money from it but nevertheless, it is an interesting use case

1 Like

The introductory rewards are quite beefy too, 10% cashback equivalent (20 points per £1 at Just Eat, same w/ Costa) personally, don’t mind if my data is sold as long as I gain some reward from it

3 Likes

Exactly although some of the rewards are random. Like who is spending at Coach but also wants Nectar card points?

Stagecoach? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: me, got a 40 minute journey to Cheltenham on the daily incoming from next academic year

I think he means the overpriced fashion retailer;

Then I reckon he’s probably correct

Any update?

1 Like

Another vote for this

2 Likes

Morning, is there any update on the ns&i integration?

1 Like

Looks like NS&I integration won’t be happening then any time soon? Apparently they were going to embrace Open Banking in 2021

Didn’t NS&I give up on developing an open banking interface? That’d explain the delay/absence.

Not sure. I think Yolt supported standard NS&I accounts. I think I used to have the app and had it linked to NS&I (Premium Bonds) - although Yolt closed in December I think. Although its not end of the world since your Premium Bonds amount is not going to change that often.

Got notification about Emma supporting 15 new bank logins. Although unfortunately its not NS&I (Premium Bonds). Looking at the NS&I site, they have actually got rid of the page about Open Banking completely - so looks like even more likely not to happen

I don’t even think their product qualifies for Open Banking

OK. I don’t really understand Open Banking!! LOL.

They did used to have a page about it saying it was being looked into/coming soon, or something like that.

You’re right, NS&I did previously say they were going to make their accounts available via open banking. But they removed that public commitment a while ago (several years ago I think).

However a few weeks ago someone on the Monzo community claimed there are still efforts within NS&I to bring open banking access. So who knows, maybe it will happen some day.

We’ll be keeping an eye out in case they do :crossed_fingers:t3: