Multiple tags editing + learning are coming

@edoardomoreni it looks like currently the multiple tags & categories functionality is only possible across transactions with a similar merchant/transaction name. Would it be possibly to introduce multiple tags & categories using dates? For example, if I go on holiday for two weeks, it’s likely that the majority of transactions over that period would be related to my holiday and I’d want to categorise them as such

1 Like

Hey @Phil, this is something we have been thinking about.

I think the best case is to have an edit button in See All Transactions and be able to make all the edits from there.

It’s not really clean and adds too many details to the view - so we have been holding off. :sweat_smile:

Question, does this automatic learning work with notes? I have a couple of recurring transactions which I add an note to every time they happen because it’s not clear what they are - I guess my better options are automatic renaming or automatic tagging, both of which you mentioned?

Yes, notes don’t follow any learning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted, thanks!

I have noticed with learning that sometimes it’s not helpful. An example is when I use PayPal to purchase something online. The tag is memorised from my last PayPal transaction and this then makes no sense for the new one. The same can be said for bank transfers. I send my son money from time to time and I transfer to my cleaner each week. As these are the same method it gets the same tag. My son never cleans his room he doesn’t deserve that tag! :rofl:

It would be nice to choose transactions which do not learn.

Hey @angiecinnamon thanks for raising this

I see what you mean - same tag, very different purpose :joy:

We’ll have to have a think about how we can implement this into Emma :thinking:

Hello,

The tags are very useful when for example wanting to tag transactions for a trip so I know how much I spent

Can you make it possible to change it in multiple transactions. E.g. Edit transactions and update tags for the selected ones.

1 Like

Yes, we are adding this functionality in June or July. :slight_smile:

Is there plans to restrict the tag learning to specific accounts?
For example I pay for taxi fares eg Uber, using either my business and personal cards and like to apply different tags for each. But when creating the tag and search for similar transactions it lists all Uber fares for all accounts and I’m unable to tell which is for business or personal.

1 Like

It’s annoying that Emma doesn’t use this kind of contextual data to categorise. It should pull all available data.

Amount also. Smart rules often directly identify transactions for me from the amount, but auto categorising doesn’t, presumably because it doesn’t take the amount into account, whereas you can with smart rules…

I’ve already suggested elsewhere linking specific categories to accounts eg in your case only allowing eg “Business travel” for your business account and “Travel” for your personal account, which would also solve lots of category issues