Money Management Habits

So im finding that I have the tools to manage my money or at least be more aware of the where the money is going…‘amazon :money_with_wings:’ …but how do you setup your week/month when it comes to just taking sometime to go through your finances.

I have always used an excel sheet (old school :see_no_evil:) to track my spendings, splitting everything into ‘bills’ and ‘other’ (food and travel). Once I get paid I transfer this money into a joint bank account which all of my standing orders come out of, this makes it harder for everything to get lost. Another tip: I usually put whatever I have left into a savings account and trickle small amounts into my current account weekly so I don’t spend as quickly. :blush: When I know what I have left each month, I can then see if I can afford another pair of :athletic_shoe::rofl:

1 Like

I used to move everything to the savings account and make small transfers.

As of today, I just look at my left to spend in Emma. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Problem we are facing it goes into the savings, then we take it all back out again lol in dribs and drabs…lol…

2 Likes

So true :joy:

Yeah, that is not really ideal and can get you overdrawn really easily. That’s why I have even stopped using my savings account. ahah

I just keep everything in my current and then when I remind myself I need to do something, I go there and transfer some into my ISA.

cancelled my standing order into saving account,
was thinking either increasing my pension or extra into the mortgage…might force me into putting more aside.

1 Like

What savings account do you use? :slight_smile:

was a Natwest savings account… got Marcus so should even shove it in that pot…

Any news on when Marcus will be added?

2 Likes

Not yet. :slight_smile:

Have you tried Chip?

https://community.emma-app.com/t/referral-links/330/11?u=grant.macgregor

1 Like

What about the interest… and limits. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m too special for limits to hold me back.

1 Like

You just like your referral codes. ahahah

2 Likes

Guilty as charged.

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: