Curve Integration

Thatā€™s why it would work similar to how PayPal does since Emma seems to have solved that problem. I use multiple cards and accounts with PayPal which are already integrated and donā€™t seem to get any duplicates. So Curve just needs similar logic.

3 Likes

Can you please add this? My crypto.com card is not available and has terrible API. Add this integration and it will add support to many cards. Even if you canā€™t solve the double reporting, I wouldnā€™t mind about it as this can easily be expected giving the way the card works (the user can choose to remove the other card). Curve spending tracking is terrible, I wish I could use Emma insteadā€¦

1 Like

It would be even nicer if you could tell Emma that certain accounts are linked, so it could merge or hybridise the combined data

1 Like

@jorgedro & @graham1 how regularly do you use your Crypto.com card for regular purchases?

Thank you for getting in touch. I use crypto.com 9 out of 10 transactions as they offer up to 8% cashbacks for all purchases. I have 2% and it beats every other traditional credit card I heard of here in the UK. I only use other cards for building credit score.

1 Like

Hello @Joel,

I know Iā€™ve posted before about supporting Curve, but Iā€™d like to reiterate my thoughts on the topic.

I think it would be a great way to integrate accounts which are either never going to have an API (like Metro, Co-op Bank, etc) or accounts which may have APIs but are likely to never get integrated by Emma due to low usage, being based abroad, or whatever.

I could truly add all my cards to Emma if a Curve integration was supported, and although they wouldnā€™t all be able to show balance information, it would make transaction analysis far more useful!

2 Likes

Do you know of any plans for a Curve API? I think this will never happen, unless they provide oneā€¦

Emma may be able to link cards anyway as a PISP at some point, no?

Apparently, and this was a while ago, they have developed an API and had approached Emma to ask them if they would integrate support.

I believe @edoardomoreni then said there was no point and work on it never progressed. But never say never!

1 Like

The number of users that use Emma and Curve has to be small, so I see his point. Thereā€™s quite a cost to maintaining the connection, so maybe itā€™s just not worth it (yet)

1 Like

To be honest, even if it was huge, Curve would never build an API.

On our side, to make it work, we would need to reverse engineer their App, figure out how the API works and use it without their consent.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry.

I misunderstood what you had said before.

I thought Curve had offered to give you ā€œproperā€ access to an API, but if thatā€™s not the case then obviously thatā€™s too much work!

1 Like

No, they never offered. :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame!

Iā€™ve said it since Day 1 of Curve.

They have not one single feature that is profitable. Everything is powered by cash-flow and investor top-ups. Expenses on processing naturally will be similar (or even greater) than the cut of a transaction theyā€™d take.

As a result, data is literally the only way theyā€™re ever going to make money. Giving that data to anyone will never happen. Data is gold dust.

Curve have said theyā€™re not going to use data though iirc, so just wait for them to go under and then launch Emma Card. Iā€™ll give you some points of interest that I wrote down a while back on Curve before they said they wouldnā€™t data mine lmao

2 Likes

Does Emma provide an API to add my transactions? If you canā€™t integrate Curve yourself I can create a script to do it with the email receipts like this How to extract Curve data and make your own API - #4 by Curve_Alan - Tips and Tricks - Curve Community
Otherwise Iā€™m out of Emma, I use 90% of my purchases with Curve.

1 Like

This would be a really cool solution and potentially something that could be done if Emma Proā€™s manual accounts functionality was expanded.

There isnā€™t currently an Emma API as far as I know, but I donā€™t think the Emma team would totally rule this out?

Tbh, an import transaction feature might be more helpful

1 Like

You can already add transactions manually, but an API is useful for doing it automatically.

1 Like

Yes, we can build an Emma API.

We have some ideas/plans for receipts, but again how many people would use it? :cry:

1 Like

If you could do transaction import via API I imagine that youā€™d see some level of adoption - directly from developers, and indirectly from easily usable tools that those developers create. I guess it depends how much you want to control integrations and how much community involvement thereā€™d be.

For example, my main manual pain points right now for transaction logging are Trading212 and Hargreaves Lansdown. Thereā€™s no way that you folks at Emma can build either of those integrations in a scalable manner: the right APIs donā€™t exist.

However, if there was an import API, itā€™s easier then for me to do one of two things:

1. TripIt-style mail parsing to pull out contract notes and account statements from my inbox;
  2. Use some of the existing ā€œunofficial APIsā€ (read: screen scrapers :joy: ) to roll my own importer that I could then open-source. eg. https://github.com/jamiehaywood/hargreaves : could never be maintained and supported at scale by the Emma team, but Iā€™d be more than happy to throw together a quick integration for personal use if the right Emma APIs existed.
2 Likes