Celsius Network

Would like to see Celsius in investments. They have an API available.

1 Like

Hey @ernest

Welcome to the Emma Community and thanks for posting!

Will pass this suggestion onto the team :blush:

Just out of interest, what do you like about Celsius?

2 Likes

The UK-specific tag could perhaps be removed from this.
It would apply to all countries.

3 Likes

I like getting interest on my Crypto held with Celsius. They also do 0% Loans on 25% LTV Starting from $500 upto 3 years for UK users.

2 Likes

The crypto platform Celsius offers an API but isn’t yet in the Emma app How to generate API Key ? | Developers

Would be great to see this added! :pray:. Adding the crypto address doesn’t work frustratingly because of the way the platform handles your crypto.

(Also if anyone wants some free BTC! Join Celsius Network using my referral code 1327279e0d when signing up and earn $40 in BTC with your first transfer of $400 or more! #UnbankYourself

https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/1327279e0d)

3 Likes

Hey @tom11

We don’t have any plans atm to integrate Celsius, but I’ll let you know as soon as we do :blush:

1 Like

I have the same issue when staking Cardano.

We are currently looking at how we could build a high interest savings account by using Celsius Network. :eyes:

2 Likes

Celsius enables earning interest on TGBP stablecoin at a higher rate than on crypto.com, but you can’t buy TGBP on Celsius. So if you could provide a means of purchasing TGBP and earning interest on it that could be interesting.

2 Likes

+1 to this.

We would do the conversion on our side.

1 Like

No new users in the UK… Celsius Community Update — June 23, 2021 | by Celsius | Jun, 2021 | Medium

1 Like

Seems a bit odd. Unclear why moving to US leads to them no longer taking new UK users. Other crypto firms based outside UK take UK users.

Does this impact Emma’s plans to build interest account using Celsius Network?

Very odd. Lots of rumours that it’s the FCA trying to force implementation of account suspensions for potential fraudulent activity. Only have to look at the coinbase and monzo forums to see how badly this can affect PR…

Will you be pulling money out of Celsius? Will be interesting to see what happens for uk users, but not sure if I want to be on the ride for it.

Obviously fraud is a massive problem for crypto as a whole too, so will be interesting to see how Emma tries to manage it, assuming they will apply for temporary FCA crypto registration as they’re uk based?

1 Like

I don’t intend to pull funds out of Celsius at the moment. I have accounts with Celsius, BlockFi, Nexo and Crypto.com. Of this group, I have most trust in Celsius mainly because it’s the only one that even bothered to consider FCA registration, even if they have now withdrawn their application.

1 Like

Had emails from Gemini and Dozens about “How my money is protected”. Not sure but could be linked as one is about e-money and the other is crypto but both talk about the FCA like they have been told to do the email.

I am getting these by revolut as well…

1 Like

Also HyperJar who explicitly state they have been asked to send it.

“Not all companies are as transparent as HyperJar so the Financial Conduct Authority, has asked all firms to send emails to their customers explaining how their money is protected.”