Can't connect AMEX ICC Euro Basic Card

I just came back today to the UK after my three months stay in Italy. I tried again to renew the authorization of my AMEX Euro Basic Card with Emma app but I keep getting the same error that it’s “not available in your region”… I tried to mark the account as closed and create it as new but received the same message. I don’t know what else to do.
I am now in London, connected to a EE broadband at home so I have an UK IP address. My details on the Amex ICC app account have me resident at my UK address where I live and work. I have opened my Euro Amex card account here in the UK, not in Italy, so I’m not an Italian customer of Amex.
What can I do now? Can you please help? If I can’t sync my card with Emma, I will basically stop using it, which is a pity as it was convenient to have as a spare card while travelling to the EU.

1 Like

I’ve just reached out to Amex and asked them to confirm for you. Once I hear back from them, I’ll let you know

Any news from Amex? It’s such a pity I won’t be able to use my Euro Basic Card with Emma any more. It’s still not clear to me what the reason was for this. Does it have to do with my long trip to Italy and my attempt to connect the card to Emma while travelling abroad? Or something changed on their end because of Brexit, etc.?

If you’re UK based, you can open Starling bank Euro account :uk::bank:

If not, Revolut one then :grin:

Both those has no problem to be added to Emma :smirk:

Thanks, I do have both Starling (Euro) and Revolut, which work without problems with Emma. I’d still like to be able to use my Amex Euro credit card with Emma.

1 Like

Since nothing has happened here, I suppose I should just give up and make my Amex ICC Euro Basic Card into an offline account… :frowning:

I’m not sure what’s happened in the meantime, but I re-tried this morning to sync my Amex Euro Basic Card with Emma and this time IT WORKED! Anyway thank you!

1 Like

Just tried to reconnect my American Express MeliaRewards Gold (Spain) which stopped working in August 2021 and it’s still not working. I get the following message: