Recently I have several cases of expenditure for which in expecting to receive a rebursement soon. Examples:
- ferry crossing cancelled by the ferry company, refund promised in the next few days
- dental bill covered by insurance, claim sent
- business expense incurred on my own account, which I’m expecting my employer to reimburse
- membership cancelled, refund of current months fee (paid in advance) promised in the next few days
- Covid travel insurance claim approved and expecting to be paid out in the next few days
While I’m waiting for the reimbursements I’m sometimes temporarily over budget, but would only worry if I were over budget after the expected reimbursement. And obviously I’m keen to spot and check off these refunds as they come in, and want to keep track of the refunds I’m still waiting for - it’s important that I chase any that don’t arrive as promised.
I’m currently doing this outside Emma (regularly checking Emma vs my to do list), and manually checking if I’m really over budget, but I wondered if anyone knows of a way to do it inside Emma?