Add Your Savings Goals To Emma

Morning all :sunglasses:

We’re adding Savings Goals into the app!

Here’s a little sneak peek… whatcha think? :thought_balloon:

3 Likes

Looks good but from the first screen would think better to show what the goal is like holiday or new car etc… show which savings account/pot it is linked to, if any specific one, and the percentage to goal target is great :+1:t2:

This is good feedback, thanks! :raised_hands:

What do you think is the best way for us to show this on the 1st screen without it looking too messy?

Think on the first screen you are showing in original post, list items added by the user, in the box next to it add a priority or category, percentage of savings in linked savings account against savings total, with a little comment saying something like total goal value and total saving totals (only of savings accounts linked to the goals.
Would only look busy if someone had lots of goals, but if list is scrollable, maybe ordered by category if viable option, then would be very manageable.
Maybe user could change the order based on linked account, name of goal or category

You guys are the best - love this! :+1:

A few thoughts straight away.

Can the Finish Saving On field be optional? Some goals are more open-ended than others

Some of my savings are spread across various accounts to maximise interest or because they’re fixed regular savers and so on. It would be very nice to be able to group several accounts under one goal. Would that maybe be possible with the upcoming Spaces feature?

I think a saving goals summary page would be handy, but maybe from the Net Worth summary, rather than the account screen.

Edit: scratch that - just found it! :joy:

Is this available to test?

It’s in the latest beta version at least

2 Likes

Superb. Cheers for the heads up! :+1:t2:

1 Like

For multiple savings goals, I think the best shot for us is to build Pots and have unlimited Pots in Emma.

Glad you like it!

Yeah I think we are going to change this so you can leave it blank :blush: We’re also considering adding a few graphs in

This is a really nice idea. I’m not sure yet what this will look like with spaces, but I can deffo share that this is something that people want!

1 Like

Given the Marcus account in the screenshot, any chance we’ll be able to add them as linked accounts soon rather than offline?

Hey @JamieF, welcome to the Emma Community!

Really sorry but still no eta on adding Marcus - once they release an API we can consider adding them to Emma :blush: There’s more info about Marcus on the thread below :point_down:

It’s an offline account unfortunately. :stuck_out_tongue:

I may or may not have gone a little overboard on mine :grimacing:

2 Likes

Will this also be available for investment accounts for longer term saving? Or for current accounts?
Also, would you consider having multiple goals for the same account? I have a saving accounts that doesn’t have the pots functionality.

This is a bit complex since we don’t own the balance.

The way it can work is that you allocate sums like splitting a transaction or have a percentage based system.

Yes, of course. We are going to add them all. We just wanted to start with savings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you involve roundups across different accounts?

What do you mean? The feature doesn’t take money out of the account.