Add a checkbox for accuracy, speed & security

I imagine I’m like lot of people, I review my transactions to confirm the category, tags & to check for fraudulent transactions. Currently I write OK in the NOTE place so I know which ones I’ve checked. Could you put a “check box”, or equivalent, somewhere on the front page of each transaction so I can easily see which transactions I’ve validated. This would save a step and further speed up the record keeping process. I like this app a lot, a really a well put together piece of work. Perhaps there’s something like this already in place, I just haven’t seen it, if so please enlighten me.

2 Likes

Hi @nusrr,

thanks for posting!

I think this is a great idea and we have been thinking about it for quite sometime. :slight_smile:

It could be a swipe or “mark as seen” next to each new transaction.

@Stacey1 was actually suggesting something similar.

Hi @edoardomoreni and @nusrr,

I agree with @nusrr that something like a checkbox would be helpful (or a swipe would work too).

I also would still really love to see the category and at least the first tag against each transaction from the All Transactions list if at all possible (even if tiny!) so at a glance we can see if category is correct and if we’ve tagged the transaction yet. Like @nusrr I chose this app (very recently) for validating transactions but also to budget at a “micro” level.
So far, I’m loving Emma and can’t wait to see it get better and better!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this and the feedback! :slight_smile:

Hiya, it’s been a while since I’ve been in touch! I hope you and the team are keeping well.
Just wondering if there is any chance of an update regards this chain?
As an additional but linked idea, it would be great if similar info (again, probably tiny!) could be included on the “suggested transactions” page when tagging or recategorising a transaction. It would be helpful to see the existing categories and tags on all the suggestions (especially those applied through Emma logic) in order to know which ones I’d want to amend and which ones I want to leave unchanged. Unless I’m missing a way to do this?
Thanks, Stacey

Hey @Stacey1!

The “swipe/tick if correct” feature is still something we’re really interested in, but currently no eta on it being released :blush:

Lots of great ideas that we can work through there - thanks!

Hi @rebekah
Any update on this chain by chance? Links in some ways to sub-cats chain.
a) ability to see/mark/tick which transactions we’ve confirmed/recategorised
b) when similar transactions are being suggested when editing categories/tags on a transaction, I see that it is now possible to view current category. Is there anyway to tell if it’s been categorised by Emma rules or by me? Perhaps this links to a. above?
Thanks again

Hey @Stacey1

No sorry, we don’t have an update on this new feature just yet. We still really like the idea, but we’ve just been super busy working on a couple of other big things :blush:

This is an interesting idea too - I wonder if we could do something simple like changing the colour of the category button if it’s been categorised by a user?

I can definitely see that you guys have had your hands full and there are only so many hours in the day! Thanks for all that the team are doing and great to know these items are still on a list somewhere!

Changing category colour sounds like a good indicator (although may replace any colour coding that the user has set up for custom cat’s? :thinking:) maybe form colour of transaction wording? That could then be used in other areas too perhaps? All transactions view etc.?

Thanks again :grin::clap:t3:

1 Like