Saving up for a holiday 🌏✈️

A couple of weeks ago we put out a call for your best saver stories.

Last week we heard from Fraser, who had been using Emma to save up for a house deposit and this week we hear from Dora.

She got in touch to tell us how she used to spend all her money on unnecessary items like shoes and clothes, before Emma helped her realise that saving up to travel is what brought her the most joy :earth_asia: :flight_departure:

She’s since taken her first solo trip and is now saving up to travel around Asia next year!

Have you taken a solo trip before? Where did you go?

1 Like

Before I got a ring on my finger, I would travel solo a lot. Mostly Europe or the US.

Holidays are certainly something I appreciate more and have 3 planned with 2 of them booked already. I was never a massive traveller for relaxation before, but now it’s something I realise I enjoy so much.

Go Dora!

It’s something I’ve never done, but feel like I should do at some point just to see what it’s like

I like a holiday with a mixture of relaxation and adventure. Are the holidays you’ve booked already abroad?

1 abroad, 1 UK, and the holiday yet to be booked is abroad too.

Definitely look at travelling solo. People think it’s lonely but if you are open to chatting to others, you’ll soon find a whole host of new friends :slight_smile:

Did Switzerland & France for my 21st birthday by myself. Hiked (very foolishly looking back) up one of the French Alps in short and running shoes with a bottle of water and a jar of peanut butter - I reached snow though!

Edit: Picture is Lake Lugano, Switzerland

1 Like

Looks absolutely amazing and so peaceful.

Peaceful is exactly the word I’d use to describe this too - looks amazing!

Also… a jar of peanut butter? Is that a normal snack for you @joel? :joy:

Nope but I was 21 and poor in Switzerland - not the best combination. I did also have crackers if that makes it any better

1 Like

Yeah, way better!

(side note: don’t search for peanut butter gifs - v disturbing haha)