Matched Betting/ Money Making Ideas

Hi everyone,

Thought I’d start this thread on matched betting as I’ve found it to be a great way of creating an extra bit of tax free income.

For anyone that hasn’t heard of matched betting before, it may seem too good to true…

When you sign up to bookmakers they often always give out free bets to their new customers and also to their existing customers. Usually a punter would place a bet using the money they’ve deposited and also their free bet, usually not making any money.

With matched betting you can guarantee a profit from your bets by backing all outcomes. This is done by placing a “lay” bet at a betting exchange (such as Betfair Exchange).

If you’re interested and want to find out more I’d check out this article which is a great introduction to matched betting and how it all works :slight_smile:

If you’ve got any questions please let me know and I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

Btw the website I’ve linked to is run by yours truly :wink:

My questions would be:

• How much can you make per month?
  • Why bookmakers allow this?
1 Like

Good questions!

1. It depends on how much time you have really. I’d say it’s easy enough to make £500 a month with about 5-7 hours a week “work”. In my best month’s I’ve made upwards of £1000 (but that was during Cheltenham Festival which is a matched betting goldmine!)

2. They offer the freebets because the market is so competitive and want people to bet with them. Obviously they don’t like matched bettors as they cost them money so they try and remove promotions from people who look like they could be matched betting (usually following certain patterns like bet low odds for normal bets and higher odds for free bets)

We’re in the process of writing up a guide about something you can do called “mug betting” where you place bets as if you were an actual punter (same team every week, big teams every week etc). You still lay these bets so you only lose a small amount but it makes you look more of a valuable customer to the bookmaker…

Hi there, Ive only just started using this and wondered whether everyone used paid sites to help them?

Hey,

I personally use OddsMonkey - cannot fault the amount you get for their monthly cost of £18. They have a very active community, as well as lots of software to help with making matched betting easier, such as Oddsmatchers, profit trackers and calculators for specific offers :slight_smile:

Feel free to ask me any questions and I’ll be happy to help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Freddy

Thanks for that - a lot of people have recommended Oddsmonkey. At the moment though Im not quite ready to invest 18 pound a month and was wondering whether it would be possible with free alternatives?

So I run my own site - oinkodds.com which is free to use.

If you would like to contact me via email directly hello @ oinkodds.com I’m happy to give advice.

Thanks,
Freddy

2 Likes