Emma Groups 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦

Yes, we are building this! :smiley:

Same for this.

1 Like

I second all of the above!

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve been playing with groups and one important functionality I’m missing is other than equal split, e.g. one person paying 1/3 of the balance, the other 2/3. Found it really useful in Splitwise before.

It would also be good to be able to add transactions to a group before others join in, as it may take a while.

I also second the earlier suggestions for enabling selection of transactions directly from the transactions tab, and selecting multiple transactions at once. That last functionality would make all the difference, and would be a high improvement on Splitwise

1 Like

We are going to add this, thanks for the suggestion.

We are adding a shortcut inside each transaction in the next week or so.

As of now, we are also working on Reminders for people who owe you money and a simple pay button to settle with everyone in the group. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, when Emma groups will be available exactly? Can’t wait to use this. I’ve just started using Emma and i love it. Im also using splitwise at the moment to manage expenses with my partner on your credit card.

Hey @Nazemma,

Emma Groups is available in the UK.

I think we spoke on live chat and you are wanting to know if this would be brought to the US or Canada, right?

Yes @Connor & @edoardomoreni I think the Emma Pro users in US/Canada would love to hear when this specific feature is coming to us. You have a big chunk of users who are going to be looking for an alternative app with this feature coming from YSplit/Fuse who are limited with options due to their eventual shutdown in the next few weeks.

Is there a way to be placed on a beta list to try this out?

Hey @Ideal,

thanks for suggesting!

We can defo make it available for US/CA users.

Watch out in the next app update.

@edoardomoreni thank you for listening to your users! Is there an ETA for the next app update push? Just curious to know.

I have just asked an engineer to make this available. It’s not going to take much, we are going to render a Groups tab between the two currently available for US/CA users.

1 Like

Just a quick update on this.

We have implemented this change and its part of the main code.

It will be in your hands and some point next week.

1 Like

This should be out and available.

Was this added? I’m probably being dumb but can’t see how to change the split, if for example there’s a group with 2 people and I want to pay 2/3, or I know the exact amount I want to pay.

@edoardomoreni where can I choose that I want to split it 2/3 and 1/3, or that I want to pay a specific amount? I can’t see it. Thanks

We have not added this feature yet. We have a very big ticket with some major improvements for groups that I am eager to get done very soon.

We have spent the last few months focusing on some critical tasks that might not have been that visible.

1 Like

Okay thank you! We both started using Splitwise instead but obviously would be good to replace with Emma.

1 Like

Hey Edo, is there an update to further building out the feature set of this tool?

I was under the impression that once this was pushed out earlier this year, it would have a feature similar to what was mentioned before - we need a streamline way to be able to have both emma users pay the same bill separately (either by integrating a credit card or bank payment) or by having the request to pay the Group organizer his funds, so that the person orgainizing can handle the full payment of the bill/check/service.

I know things have been pushed to the side, but we’re hoping to get a more reasonable ETA on this, considering that the altertnatives either doesnt exist or they’ve removed this critical feature set entirely.

You guys can set yourselves apart with this offering - please, do not miss out on this!