[Android] Emma app crashing after update

Hi there,
I updated my Emma app through the android play store approx 4 days ago. The app will now not open. I get a very brief white screen and the app then crashes. There have been three updates on the play store but none appear to have fixed the problem. I have u installed /reinstalled a couple of times with no luck

I’m using a galaxy s20 with the latest updates - could you please help?

Many thanls

Hello,

we are aware of this issue and are working to fix as soon as possible.

We should have an update in the next few hours.

Hi
Thanks for the reply and the app update.

Unfortunately it still doesn’t work.
Could you please help me out?

What is the issue-does it effect all android devices or certain ones?

Have you tried to uninstall the app and reinstall?

Just a few, lots of Samsung Galaxies.

We are having a hard time to figure out what’s going on.

You should see 1.19.53 coming out in the next few hours.

If you want to get it faster, just join the beta group on android. We have just released it there.

Interesting…
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5g with Android 11, One UI 3.1, security patch from 01st April, and Emma version 1.19.46 (no newer version available) with no issues (famous last words :crazy_face:)…

Yes, because we haven’t done a full rollout from that version in the past week, but have done several attempts to fix these crashes; so small 10/20% rollouts.

In any case, @Neil44, I think we have fixed it. There is an update coming. :pray:

Hi,
Yep - I have uninstalled - restrarted my device and reinstalled but to no avail. I too am using One UI 3.1 with the latest patch. Never had any issues with the app before the latest update - do you have the older version of the app still available in case it coan’t be fixed?

Also - with regards to beta teing - do you apply from the app or from your website?

Many thans,

Neil.

Thanks,

I can confirm the issue is resolved.

An update is coming very soon.

The new version in Open Beta fixes it.

Hey guys,

1.19.53 fixes this. You should see it on the Play Store.

Let me know if this is not the case. :muscle:

Many thanks :+1:

Awesome!

I am closing this. :slight_smile: