Money Dashboard sold to “unnamed buyer”

Did anyone else see this?

All the more reason to pay for Emma and help the business thrive with solid foundations.

FYI looks like the buyer was ClearScore.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/investing/article-10589563/amp/Money-Dashboard-investors-lose-changes-hands.html

Yes, the buyer is ClearScore.

The majority of the team changed their LinkedIn profile positions.

What we need to see next is when they shut it down. :frowning:

But of a sore subject, I was lucky to get my investment back via the convertible bond……some others weren’t so lucky :four_leaf_clover:

Really poor business model and the product was never going to be able to keep people interested, plus the the re-Authenticator element every three months was inevitably it’s downfall

To this date, we get bad reviews for having subscriptions, which is the only way to make it work. :wink:

1 Like

True but the MDB app was dull, lifeless and didn’t really tell me anything that my online bank account already tells me.

The Emma app has far more smart features, such as the report that it pulls together to delve deeper into my spending habits, which is really cool :sunglasses:

It’d be good if you could A/B test pricing, but I don’t know what’s possible in the App Store.

Nova for example is cheaper, and one price only, but potentially they make up for the lower price with a higher conversion rate?

£30-£40/year seems ideal. If anyone complains at that then they’re not someone you want to focus on.

What was the business model?

The mobile and desktop app is free to users, but they aggregate user data and try to sell as insight to companies that are interested in the data.

1 Like

That’s the point @o99 there wasn’t one

They are shutting down, I have just got the email.

Hi Edoardo,
We are sad to announce the closure of the Money Dashboard Neon and Classic apps which will shut down on 31st October 2023. Unfortunately we could not find a sustainable business model for the apps and are therefore unable to continue supporting the services.

What does this mean for you?

We’ll permanently close any open accounts from 31st October 2023 and thereafter you will no longer be able to access the Classic or Neon apps. Existing Money Dashboard accounts will be closed and deleted, and any bank connections will be disconnected. We will retain only the data that we are required to in accordance with our legal, regulatory, and data protection obligations, and for no longer than is necessary under those. For more information on this please refer to our FAQs here.

Your options in the meantime

If you wish to view or download a copy of your Money Dashboard app information, or if you wish to delete your Money Dashboard account yourself before 31st October, instructions for doing so can be found in our full list of FAQs here. If you’re having any difficulties accessing or deleting your account please contact our support team at support@moneydashboard.com for further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

We appreciate this may be disappointing news for many of our loyal users. If you are interested in an alternative free money management app, Snoop provides a lot of similar functionality to Money Dashboard and may be of interest. Please see our FAQs to find out more about how they can help.

We’d like to thank you all for trusting us to help you master your money, and while we’re sad we could not see a future for the Money Dashboard apps, we hope we’ve helped in some small way to make personal finance clearer and easier to understand.

Thank you for your support over the years.

The Money Dashboard Team