Emma Spending Reports đź’¸

In the past few weeks, we have been working on some new new exciting reports that are coming out in the next days. The goal is to make the app more engaging and also fun.

We have worked on our existing weekly report and added more cards, but also included a monthly/payday report. There is also a new one, which only new users will get as welcome message.

This is some of the new content. :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Some detailed nerdy charts, Tink style?

We are keeping it simple with some jokes. ehehe

But yeah, we are adding trending graphs like in the screens.

The challenge here is to generate new content every time to keep things new, engaging and fun; but we are not a media company, at least not yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

I like this quite a bit. I have to admit though, the charts on Tink are really useful showing average spend and overlaying current spend for their weekly summaries. Also the card by card budget updates are nice. They have horrible connections though, too few.

1 Like

Well, Tink is never coming out.

That was just an experiment to sell their B2B product. lol

They targeted everyone in fintech to suck all our data and understand categorisation for the UK.

ps: it doesn’t mean we are not looking at the charts. :wink: I think we can do a 20x on everything and we are committed to do so.

@edoardomoreni this looks really useful I can’t wait to see what else you’ve got planned :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to the monthly reports! Any ETA?

1 Like

They are ready and “sort of live”, we just need to enable them. :wink:

2 Likes

Is there likely to be a net worth graph or chart, seeing a trend for cash & investments less debts, loans and credit cards would be a benefit in planning for the future

This is a great idea @Rw_82! Allowing you to see your Net Worth in-app is something that’s on our to-do list to develop, so I’m sure that once this goes live we can add this as a card to your reports! :grin:Is there anything else you’d like to see in your reports?

1 Like

Not yet, but I’m sure there will be. :joy:

1 Like

@Rw_82 Haha keep the ideas coming! :v:

1 Like

Ahoy there gummy people :ship:

I wanted to start a conversation about our Weekly Reports and what new cards/information you’d like to see in them or things you think would make it more fun.

Here’s a couple of my own suggestions

• How I compare to the same week in the previous pay period
  • How much was spent that week by all Emma users
  • The top merchant for all users that week

Let me hear your ideas - the more the merrier!

Just read my latest Weekly Report and had the same thoughts @Joel. Comparing to last week doesn’t really do it because most of my expenditure happens based on the predefined direct debit dates. Something that compares to an equivalent prior period or multiple equivalent prior periods would be more useful.

Getting more insight to the all customers stats would help too. Finding I’m in the top 0.2% of spenders for a merchant or category is alarming. Maybe some more absolute measures or narrowing the all customer population to those who actually use the same merchant?

Being able to access some of those demographic stats outside of the Weekly Report would be nice too.

1 Like

I am fairly consistently in top 0.2% of people having pizza…that surely can’t be right, can it? May need to dial it back :sob:

It would be nice to see if you have new cards suggestions. We can build as many as we want. :wink:

Surprised there isn’t more activity on this topic. Seems to me this is one of the primary opportunities for a user looking to budget. I’ve started low rating my weekly reports because they just don’t give any real insight on week to week. If I pay my mortgage one week the current and next week reports are totally screwed y the high value item. If the report showed, by budget category where I am versus the same week in the prior pay period hen it would be way more useful. If it simplified I’d even consider moving to calendar month periods instead of pay date.

1 Like

I like this idea.

In regards to your mortgage, is your repayment currently marked as a reoccurring payment/subscription? Reoccurring payments shouldn’t appear in your weekly reports